In telephone interpreting, the customer and the other party are in the same room with the interpreter participating on the telephone.
Telephone interpreting has many advantages:
- You avoid travelling costs, and the interpreter's working time is used more efficiently.
- You reduce the negative environmental impact of the interpreter's travel.
- You have access to a wider range of interpreters. This applies in particular to emergency interpreting, when the number of interpreters available locally might otherwise be very limited, and with less frequently interpreted languages.
- It reduces the risk of unpleasant situations and emotional reactions.
We recommend you use a telephone interpreter when:
- You need an interpreter at short notice.
- You need an interpreter with specific competence.
- You need interpreting in a less common interpreting language.
It is vital that the interpreter has the appropriate competence for your field.
There are no jobs right now for your language.