What are the advantages of telephone interpreting?
Telephone interpreting has lots of advantages:
- You avoid travelling costs, and the interpreter’s working time is used more efficiently.
- You reduce the negative environmental impact of the interpreter's travel.
- You have access to a wider range of interpreters. This applies in particular to emergency interpreting, when the number of interpreters available locally might otherwise be very limited, and with less frequently interpreted languages.
- It reduces the risk of conflicts of interest and emotional impact.
When is it best to use a telephone interpreter?
We recommend you use a telephone interpreter when:
- You need an interpreter at short notice
- You need an interpreter with specific competence
- You need interpreting in a less common interpreting language.
What do I need to think about when hiring a telephone interpreter?
Sit in a triangle. The telephone should be placed at the apex of the triangle, and you and the person you are speaking to should sit opposite each other so that you can have eye contact during the conversation.
What is sight translation?
Sight translation is when the interpreter also translates a document orally on the spot as part of an interpreting assignment. You can book this service when booking your interpreting call.
The advantages of using our client center
If you use our client center, you can
- order interpreting services round the clock without the risk of being put on hold
- manage interpreting yourself online
- change and cancel existing bookings
- download information about your assignments
- communicate with the Semantix interpreting service.
Our client center makes booking interpreting services easier, faster and more secure.
I would like to book a telephone interpreter but I haven’t got a login. What do I do?
Fill in the form below and we will send you your login details.